Sunday, July 5, 2009

The unthinkable




An update on Alicia:
On Thursday July 2nd-
My sweet baby sister was diagnosed with stage 3 pancreatic cancer. The survival rate for this is 0%. She has been sick for over a year and has progressively gotten worse. We were hoping for a diagnosis that would offer more hope. Our hearts are broken for her, her husband and 4 kids. She is given 3-6 months to live. Her kids are 12, 9, 6 & 3 years. To think of them living the rest of their lives without their mother is unimaginable. And to lose my sister is unfathomable. Please keep her and her family in your prayers. I will update this periodically for those that want to know.

5 comments:

Emily said...

Natalie, I just don't even know what to say. I am so sorry, I wish this didn't have to happen to you guys! She's darling, my heart breaks for her kids and her family!! We're praying for her and for you to feel comforted!

Mindy said...

I was so sad for all involved when I heard the news. I will be keeping all of you in my prayers.

The Hoyt Family said...

Nat,
I am so sorry.. We will keep her family in our prayers..

AnaLee M. said...

I'm glad that you posted this, I have never seen your sister before so it is good to have a picture with the name now. I am so sorry for all this! It's heart breaking to think about. We'll keep you all in our prayers.

James, Dailene and girls said...

This is the unthinkable! Our hearts go out to everyone in her family, your family and all involved. We can't believe this is happening. All of you are in our prayers and will continue to be through this trying time. Know that the Lord loves everyone of you and he is there to help all of you through this. This just breaks our hearts. She is such a great person.I know we live a ways a way but if there is anything you need please let us know.